Got the gardening bug?

Friday, February 11, 2011

My New Garden Blog!

Welcome! This is an entirely new blog that I'm starting, to see how it goes.
I'd like to journal out my gardening season for the year 2011
with photos, stories, and how to's.

Right now, we are just coming into the middle of February
and it is very cold.
Below is a current photo of my main garden bed..not too impressive this time of year.

The winter definately has its place in the garden though. The snow is lovely, and the cold rest is
necessary for the survival of our hardy perennials.
I garden in upstate NY and am in zone 5. Our winters are long and very cold, and
can be depressing for those of us who like to be outdoors in the warm sun.
However, winter is peaceful and beautiful and a great time to rest your hard working
body and plan for next season's new gardening projects.
For 2011, I have many plans made and have started my spring plant orders.
On the agenda for this year is to expand my shade garden in the front yard, put in a stone walkway,
expand the new sun bed that was started last summer, make a new bed for the daturas to
have their own space, move the veggie garden to a smaller location, and build myself a few trellises.
I'm sure as the months go by, I will be adding to that list, as I find new plants that I just have to buy.
I'd like this blog to be a fun way to keep track of what I'm doing out there year to year and also let
it be inspirational and helpful to anyone who may choose to follow it along.
A big thank you to those of you that do!
Time to time, I will post tutorials on some projects and offer give aways to my followers.
...but for now, I have to take a peek around this place and figure out what I'm doing!

So Cheers!! Here's to another new little adventure!

3 comments:

  1. Hello my friend. I've missed hearing from you. Don't do the forum thing anymore. My son signed me up for Facebook so I can see pictures of my grandkids located around the country. Happy to have found you there and your new blog. Sounds like fun! I'll be popping in from time to time to see how you are doing. My daturas and veggies didn't do well last year hopefully they will all be happier this year. Plan to start the daturas in the greenhouse early next month.
    Good luck with your blog.
    Blessings
    Bernie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great site! Very nice set up. I can't wait for spring and getting out there to play in the dirt as well. I have started some seeds in my indoor greenhouse. Can't wait to see the first one pop up! Looking forward to seeing your new projects come out to play, and looking for some new inspiration myself. As always, love ya. Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bernie, I've missed you! I grew my white daturas last summer and thought of you! I'm so glad we found each other again!

    Kim glad you're here!! It wouldn't be right without you!!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete